Next on my Mega Maker Challenge was the Burda 6695 in a blue jersey, bought on Goldhawk Road during my shopping trip to London last year.
The jersey is amazingly soft and drapes beautifully, plus the colour is stunning. Can’t say I love the pattern as much as the fabric though. I found the back neck line of the collar was too small for the back neckline on the bodice! At first I thought I’d had a funny five minutes and traced it incorrectly but I checked it all and I hadn’t. I put this down to a design flaw (or maybe I just got a duff pattern, who knows!), I will remember to extend the neckline of the collar next time.
I traced the smallest size but still had to take the sleeves up by 8cm. I had to shorten the bodice but that was because I didn’t quite have enough fabric to make it the length I wanted. However, a shorter bodice means perfect for layering – silver linings!
I could’ve taken it in at the sides too but I’m glad I didn’t, I think it would’ve worked against the drapes of the fabric.
As predicted, a quick and satisfying make. Well mostly, I did get frustrated by the neckline issue and my coverstitch kept jumping stitches, which didn’t help. I’m sure the next one will be more satisfying!